Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
A Special COVID-19 Message
How are you caring for your team?
Favor them with Positively Outrageous Service!
“I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” – Lao Tzu
- Connect deeper with your virtual teams – Check-in questions with your virtual teams: What do you think? How do you feel? Tell me more! Interact more!
- Set ground rules ahead of time for virtual engagement – Ensure they know their role,
- Be intentional about connecting visually not just through social media or a phone call. Many are, or are feeling isolated …. Connect virtually, use visually
- Look ways to have fun and relieve the tension. Virtual Happy Hours. Dance video! Dress up for cocktail hour! Look at what they’re doing in Italy, Portugal and Spain! Fun can be infectious and viral … in a positive way
- Don’t just manage … Lead! Ask better questions. Leaders ask great questions! Check out Leading With Questions!
- Have fun while wearing a mask …. can you smile under that mask?
- Be them-focused first … out of proportion to the circumstances. Not just your team but also the people we work for … don’t assume everyone’s OK!
- Followup up video – record your visually virtual meeting! Or followup with a video vs. and email!
- Go virtual – yoga studios are providing online classes. Schools switching over to online teaching.
- Hours … many grocery stores have special plans to dedicate the first hour of each shopping day to senior shoppers and / or their employees.
- BONUS: Demonstrate grace and forgiveness – relieves tension and stress — Be the first to say sorry. Be the first to forgive!